Thursday, December 11, 2008

My 1st foray into the blogosphere...


Nights like this always make feel reflective...you know, nights when the sky has a few clouds and the sky is illuminated by the moon? If it wasn't cold outside, I would definitely sit on the porch and stare at the sky...I find it comforting. Instead I'll probably go for a drive and think about things. Foremost on my mind at the moment is grad school. I submitted my application the other day for admittance...I'm not worried or anything like that; I'm just thinking about how this can affect my life. I have a pretty active imagination, so when I think about starting on this path to my dream career, human resources, I really like what I see in my mind's eye. I know that HR is a difficult career, having to deal with so many personalities and regulations, but I look forward to the challenge.

Other things that I have on my mind include the coming new year. It really came up fast; I can't believe 2009 starts in three 3 weeks! I no longer make crazy resolutions, like find love. Or drop some pounds. Or quit some of my vices. I just try to go with the flow now...if anything, I think that is the lesson I've learned for 2008. My stress levels have dropped since I decided to stop worrying so much about life's road blocks. I truly realized that worrying does nothing, it solves nothing, so what's the point. It's wasted energy...energy that I could devote to so many other things. This is something I will carry with me into the coming years, hopefully. I say hopefully because no one is guaranteed the next second...so I can't waste time stressing and worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment