Monday, February 23, 2009

What's Really Going On....


I was listening to the radio this morning and heard about an 11 year-old boy being charged with murder. This kid shot his father's pregnant girlfriend with a shotgun made especially for children. A shotgun made for children? The parents felt that teaching the boy to hunt was a good idea, I guess. While I am sad for the family of the victim, my first thought was this....why in the world does a child need a shotgun? I don't believe that children need to go hunting with adults; we do not live in an age where we have to go out and hunt for our food so what's the point? Let me take it a step further...if children are not mature enough to make adult decisions, like, for instance making the decision to have sex or have children, why are they thought to be mature enough to fire a weapon? Maybe that's a little extreme, I don't know, but I really want to know why a child should be allowed to fire a weapon. Now this kid, under Pennsylvania law, will be charged as an adult for homicide! He , at 11 years-old, could be sentenced to life in prison. But shame on anyone who want to enforce gun control on the American people, right? CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT GUNS!

You can read more about this story at CNN.com (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment