Monday, February 9, 2009

Working On Being the Best Person I Can Be...


Working on becoming better in all areas of my life is important to me, so I enjoyed an article I just read on self-improvement. According to Amelia McDonell-Parry, via CNN.com, there are ten things we can all do that will help us to become better people. They are as follows:

1. Pack your lunch
2. Call your Mom for no reason
3. Volunteer
4. Tip (even if your order was messed up)
5. Get over a grudge
6. Call up an old friend
7. Bake cookies for your co-workers
8. Finish your book
9. Get up 30 minutes early and make breakfast
10. Learn something new

I'm not sure how packing my lunch can make me a better person; yes, I would save money, but how would this make me a better person. I would only tip when the order was messed up if the waiter/waitress was pleasant and apologetic...sorry but if you're acting like a jerk, you will not get a tip because I'm always pleasant to the people who have access to my food (that's just smart business to me). For the most part this is a decent list of things to do to better oneself. Is there anything YOU would add to this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment