Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dewy's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon: Final Update (yeah I know...)

I know that the read-a-thon ended Sunday, but I was so sleepy! Every time I considered posting this update, my bed looked so much more welcoming. I spent Sunday napping, off and on, and Monday I had to get back to work and school, so today I am posting my feelings on the second book I read, Cornered. First, here's the book description:
With Nowhere To Run. . .
Corey Webb is living the American dream—successful business, beautiful wife, gifted daughter—but the dream he worked so hard to achieve is about to become a nightmare. When a chance encounter brings him face to face with the dark past he'd long since left behind, Corey knows the threat to his life and family could be deadly.
. . .It's Do Or Die
Unpredictable, intelligent, and terrifyingly ruthless, Corey's stalker will settle for nothing less than complete submission. He'll stop at nothing, and sacrifice anyone, to get what he wants. There's no point in running, no chance of hiding, and no hope for Corey and his family to escape unscathed. . .
I really enjoy Massey's books; he always writes something full of tension, that keeps you turning pages until you finish the book. This had much of that, but there were definitely scenes that had me upset at the characters. I guess being mad at fictional characters means that the book pulled me in (smile). The parents in this book, Corey and Simone, often made me want to throw the book across the room. Their daughter, Jada, seems to be the brightest one in the bunch and often has some of the most tension-filled scenes involving an especially creepy character. There is a nice twist in the story, but I won't go into much detail because I don't believe in spoiling stories for others. That said, I would recommend reading this book, if only for a quick read (I finished reading this one in about 7 hours).

If I were to compare the two books I read for this event, I would say that the second book is a winner. It got straight to the action and did not slow down the pace with a bunch of unnecessary characters, of which the first book is guilty.Thanks to all who cheered me on! I truly enjoyed participating in the read-a-thon and plan to participate in the next one in October. October is perfect for staying in and reading books, so I'm looking forward to that. Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment