Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Justice....finally?


I remember my mom telling me how much the story of Adam Walsh, the son of John Walsh (host of America's Most Wanted), bothered her. In 1981, 6-year old Adam Walsh went missing from a store, and after about two weeks of searching the child's head was found. Apparently they are finally announcing a suspect, 27 years later, and the suspect is Ottis Toole. This man, if one can call him that, confessed and recanted twice, and died back in 1996! I know there is a point to announcing him as a suspect, but being named a suspect doesn't automatically mean you're guilty of the crime, right? How much justice can the Walsh family get from this? Closure, I suppose, but it seems too little too late. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Walsh family.

No comments:

Post a Comment