Saturday, April 25, 2009

The most fun I've had in awhile!!!!

Okay folks...it's been a minute, school is still sucking up all my time, but Thursday, April 23, 2009, I made time to have a great evening. I went to St. Louis for the Robin Thicke/Jennifer Hudson concert...all I can say is WOW!!!! Well, actually, for the purpose of this blog post, I have more than that to say : ) So, we (my mom, her friends, and I) get to the Fabulous Fox theater, a place I find to be gorgeous...I love the architecture and the ambiance. I saw many funny things before the show began...outrageous outfits and bold hairstyles. One woman was rocking her "Ruff 'n Stuff" afro puffs, lol...A woman behind me got upset at Afro Puffs for standing up; when she sat down the woman yelled "Thanks for finally sitting down Mickey Mouse!" Those things were serious! I thought they were cute : ) People can be so fascinating, lol...

Anyway, I get to my seat, Orchestra VIP section 2 and was blessed with a great view! There was a guy, I guess a hype man, who was the funniest little round man. This guy was so into getting the crowd enthused...I didn't need to be anymore hyped up than I was, I vibrating for the simply fact that I was about to see Robin Thicke perform : ) A few minutes after the hype man left the stage, the lights went off and in the theater and a stage light came on behind a white screen. Of course, there were cheers because the show was starting. The band was playing what I think was Curtis Mayfield and someone announced Robin, who I could see walking up to the mic behind the screen. At this point I'm slowly unravelling, lol. From that point forward, Robin was the ish!!! OMG!!! From "Magic" to "Dreamworld" to "Wanna Love You Girl" to "Teach You..." to "Lost Without You", the performance was SPECTACULAR!!!

Can you tell I'm a fan, lol *wink* I'm glad that I wasn't sitting with my mom when he started working his hips...definitely blush-worthy! The man is quite, um, sensual : )When he started to sing Jodeci's "Come and Talk to Me" I promptly lost my mind, lol...that is one of my favorite Jodeci songs and Robin did it justice. For me, the night, my reason for being there, was Robin...but...

Jennifer definitely did her thang! There was this funny moment when Jennifer was about to some onto the stage to perform. The lights went off, and you could hear Jennifer begin to sing "One Night Only", everyone suddenly stood up and looked toward the back of the theater, away from the stage. I stood up too, I thought that maybe she was walking down the aisle, singing, even though I could hear her behind the screen on the stage. I still don't know why folks started looking toward the back. When she finally came out on the stage, people lost their minds, screaming and cheering; it was electric. Jennifer looked great! Sang beautifully, of course. I watched her perform and thought to myself, "American Idol? Whatever, they got it wrong that year!" She sang songs from Dreamgirls and her Cd, she also sang a song from The Secret Life of Bees. Then she thanked everyone for coming out and said good night. The stage lights dimmed and some people got up and started to leave, but those of us with sense stayed seated, because she hadn't even sang "And I'm Telling You"...sure enough we could hear her start to sing, lol...folks came running back and girlfriend brought it home : )

Suffice it to say, I loved every moment of the concert and wish I could go tomorrow's Chicago concert! But, I plan on seeing Robin perform at the Essence Festival in July (Oh Yeah!)

I'm still feeling good from it all : )

No comments:

Post a Comment